Speaking of Avengers Vs X-Men, the twelfth and final issue of the maxi-series is the largest single contributor with 7 out of this week's total 16 new issues featuring a Spider-Man appearance. Especially when you factor in the 2 additional versions of AvX #6 too.
Minimum Carnage #1 doesn't include Spider-Man, but does include the Scarlet Spider which counts as a genetic version of our Peter Parker.
Defenders would be an easy one to miss, but keep your eyes out not for Spider-Man, but rather Peter Parker at the pivotal time he is bitten by the radioactive Spider.
Here's the list...
- Amazing Spider-Man #692 (2nd Printing)
- Amazing Spider-Man #695
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12 (Granov Avengers Team Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12 (Granov X-Men Team Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12 (Granov Promo Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12 (Kubert Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12 (Opena Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #12 (Opena Sketch Variant)
- AvX Vs #6
- AvX Vs #6 (Fight Poster Variant)
- Defenders #11
- Marvel Previews #110
- Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man Comic Reader #3
- Minimum Carnage Alpha #1
- Minimum Carnage Alpha #1 (Bagley Variant)
Some good news. I was able to look over the shoulder of a comic shop worker who was scanning a copy of Uncanny Avengers #1, and it did not look like Spidey makes an appearances. It's good news, because the issue has 19 known variants. Otherwise known as a nuke to the pocket book.