I'm playing catch-up with the past few week's new Spider-Man comic book appearances. My time has been filled travelling all over Texas visiting some Summer comic cons and local comic shops.
This week I hit the Dallas Comic Con. The show has grown steadily year to year and recently moved to a much larger facility at the Irving Convention Center. The only problem is it just wasn't big enough for the crowds. I think Avengers fever brought new participants out of the woodwork.
From the moment I arrived, it was lines lines and more lines just waiting to get in with an advance ticket. Once inside it was a madhouse of people walking the dealer room, which I hope was good for the dealers.
And you could forget about getting something to eat. There was a steady line 30 minutes deep all day.
I've been attending the Dallas show regularly for the last several years, but the return on investment is lower and lower, and the crowds this year just may keep me away in 2013.
Here's the list of comics for the week:
- Amazing Spider-Man #682 (2nd Printing)
- Amazing Spider-Man #683 (2nd Printing)
- Amazing Spider-Man Ends of Earth #1
- Avengers Academy #30
- Avengers Vs X-Men #0 (3rd Printing)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #4
- Avengers Vs X-Men #4 (Bagley Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #4 (Avengers Team Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #4 (X-Men Team Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #4 (Opena Variant)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #4 (Opena Sketch Variant)
- AvX Vs #2
- AvX Vs #2 (Fight Poster Variant)
- Daredevil #13
- Fantastic Four #605.1
- New Avengers #24 (2nd Printing)
- Venom #18
Next up is Houston's comic con -- Comicpalooza.