Publisher BOOM! Town has released a "facsimile edition" of Too Much Coffee Man #1 (circa 1993). The issue features a previously unknown Spidey appearance on page 13.
The other non-Marvel appearance is the weakest one of the week. In fact, it's not so much an appearance as it is a complete spoof of the Spider-Man musical in New York (albeit starring Radioactive Man this time). And while Spidey doesn't make an appearance himself, the whole story-line is just too much of a dead-on spoof not to include.
Avengers: X-Sanction #1 adds two new variants this week with the release of variant second printings. Each is a black-and-white version of a previously released cover.
Here are the comics for the week:
- Annihilators Earthfall #4
- Astonishing X-Men #45
- Avengers The Children's Crusade #8
- Avengers X-Sanction #1 (2nd Printing Sketch Variant A)
- Avengers X-Sanction #1 (2nd Printing Sketch Variant B)
- Incredible Hulk #2 (2nd Printing)
- Mighty Thor #9
- Marvel Previews #101
- Simpsons Super Spectacular #14
- Spider-Man #21
- Too Much Coffee Man (Facsimile Edition) #1
- Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #5
Beyond this week's appearances, I came across a missed appearance from a recent week. Wolverine and the X-Men #2 itself has no appearance, but the variant of this issue features a cover spoof of Amazing Spider-Man #121.
It was a fun week at my local comic shop. Hope you have some happy boxdiving yourself.